a·plas·tic a·ne·mi·a/āˈplastik əˈnēmēə/

Noun: Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Testing

So I had an early day today with even more tests.  An ECHO and EKG were performed, both seemed normal.  I got a chest x-ray and a panorex x-ray (the teeth x-ray they do at dentist offices).  I also got an abdominal ultrasound.  My labs came back yesterday and my liver function tests went down to normal.  Maybe it was a fluke they were elevated or maybe it was that beer I had the day before the last test.  Who knows!  Even though this doesn't seem like a lot, it took all day!

Good news is that I got a new phone.  I broke down and got the iPhone 4.  I had to get a new number unfortunately and I can't transfer my old numbers to the new phone because the phone is lost :(  Hopefully people will know how to get a hold of me through my husband, his family, my family or facebook.  I will post my new number on facebook so if you want it, you can get it from there.

Tomorrow is another long day.  I have to get platelets again to make sure my counts are above 50 in order to get my new catheter put in.  It is a trifusion catheter, sort of like a Hickman catheter from what I am told.  Bye, bye PICC line, you have served me well!

Aunt Jenny will be watching Kellan tomorrow.  Thanks so much for doing that!  I am so blessed to have great family members willing to do what it takes to make sure I am taken care of!

No comments:

Post a Comment