a·plas·tic a·ne·mi·a/āˈplastik əˈnēmēə/

Noun: Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development

Friday, July 8, 2011

Short Day

Today was a short day.  I had labs, met with a Nurse Practitioner and had a consultation with the radiation oncologist.  One bit of good news is that my WBC seems to be trending up instead of down! My ANC (absolute neutrophil count) was over 1400 today!  Yesterday is was just over 1200 and Tuesday it was around 790.  That is all without taking my neupogen shots to stimulate my WBC.  Preliminary results have come back from my biopsy.  I didn't get to talk to the coordinator, but she told my mother-in-law that they were looking about the same as the biopsy we had done in December. 

The radiation isn't going to be as bad as I thought.  It is going to be low dose radiation and the side effects are going to be the same or less as the chemo. 

I am still in a lot of pain from my procedure from yesterday.  The NP gave me a prescription for oxycodone.  It kind of helps.  It mostly makes me sleepy. 

My spirits are a little higher today because I got to spend more time with my son.  We got home from my appointments at 1:30.  Kellan and I napped from then until 5.  Then my in-laws, Kellan and I went to dinner at the Olive Garden. 

I am looking forward to next week, where I only have appointments on Friday.  I will most likely have to go in earlier for a blood transfusion, but that can be anytime.  A week of rest before starting chemo on next Saturday!  Hopefully I can get some facetime with some of my friends in KC before Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment