a·plas·tic a·ne·mi·a/āˈplastik əˈnēmēə/

Noun: Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

ER Visit

I got to hang with my niece Amber today! I just love her to pieces and wish I could see her more often. Now I'm at the ER because I was careless and cut my finger. The triage nurse does not seem to care that I don't have any platelets to stop the bleeding and the dr on call at the BMT clinic insisted on me going to the ER even though he had the wrong patient when he spoke to me. This dr started telling me that the ER doctor wanted to discharge me on antibiotics. I had to interrupt him to tell him I cut my finger and needed to know if he thought I should go to the ER. So now we have been here for an hour and I will probably have to pass out from no blood before I get seen. The longer I wait the more of a waste of time this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment