a·plas·tic a·ne·mi·a/āˈplastik əˈnēmēə/

Noun: Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development

Thursday, July 21, 2011

One more day down

It was a rough day today and for no particular reason.  We are at Day -6 to the transplant and I am getting my 11th dose of chemo right now.  I'm feeling pretty lousy, but not because of the chemo.  I just want to go home and be with my baby.  I don't feel sick, so that makes it even worse. 

They make us walk up and down the hallway.  A complete round trip is 300 feet, so it is very small area.  Today we taped up pictures of Kellan all over the hallways so that I can see him when I am out "getting my exercise."  It cheered me up a little, but it isn't the same as seeing him in person.  I also got to missing my cats back home.  I just feel blockaded from the world and stuck in a 100 square foot box. 

Ryan went and got me some Chipotle.  I don't think he was suppose to, but the nurse said it was ok.  In the meantime, the car broke down.  Chipotle is only 2 blocks away, so he didn't have to go far.

My brother checks in on Saturday, so my mom is coming with him.  That will be nice to have some different visitors. 

Thanks for everyone's prayers, thoughts and help!  We couldn't do it without our wonderful family and friends!

1 comment:

  1. hang in there! think of good things. sending you lots of love and cheer from DC.

    it's hot and humid here. we're at 100 degrees.

    ReplyDelete