a·plas·tic a·ne·mi·a/āˈplastik əˈnēmēə/

Noun: Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day -4

Today was my last day of Busulfan chemo and my first day of rabbit ATG.  The rabbit ATG is more like an immunosuppresant rather than chemotherapy.  With that being said, you'd think that it would have less side effects, but it didn't.  I got flu-like symptoms, body aches, nausea, fever.  My fever never got higher than 99.3, but it has been a rough day.  I just got rid of a headache as well and my appetite is terrible. 

Logan and my mom came to visit today.  I'm really glad to see some people around here.  Its pretty boring, especially when Ryan leaves to go home and be with the baby. 

I just realized something today, that the day I actually get the bone marrow transplant is our 9th anniversary.  Hopefully everything works out and we will have double to celebrate on that day every year.

I'm really tired, so I am cutting this off short tonight.  Thanks again for keeping me and my family in your thoughts and prayers.  Please pray that tomorrow's dose of ATG and the 1st dose of Cytoxan doesn't completely wipe me out.

1 comment:

  1. Stay strong. I'm sending you lots of hugs and prayers.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete