a·plas·tic a·ne·mi·a/āˈplastik əˈnēmēə/

Noun: Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Is this really real?

Day 2 of chemo was exactly like Day 1.  Not much to report.  Its funny to think that you have this awful chemical running through your body killing your cells, yet you don't feel anything.  I have a bit of nausea, but nothing serious, could just be the change in my diet...you know, hospital food :)

Ryan went home and played with the baby this morning.  He sent me videos.  Kellan was talking and giggling, it made me smile.  Ryan is here with me right now and is going to stay with me until I fall asleep..

Something interesting did happen to my blood counts.  They gave me a unit of RBCs yesterday.  I didn't feel like I needed them.  My hgb was 7.6 on Monday and then 6.9 yesterday so they gave me blood.  My platelets were 21 on Monday and 15 yesterday.  Today....they were 16----I didn't have a platelet transfusion.  Hmmmmm, interesting that they stopped changing.  Could be nothing.  usually they decrease by 5-10 per day.  Now that I think about it, they gave me "B" platelets on Friday which means my counts don't go up as high and decrease faster.  Its probably just a anomaly.

Thank you Jenny for babysitting Kellan and giving our in-laws a little bit of a break!  I'm super blessed to have an awesome family!

No comments:

Post a Comment