a·plas·tic a·ne·mi·a/āˈplastik əˈnēmēə/

Noun: Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development

Saturday, August 13, 2011

I'm out and surviving!

Sorry for the long delay in posting.  It has been a very long couple of days.  The good news is, I got out of the hospital on Thursday!  I was so glad to be out of there!  Kellan wasn't home when we got home but he came home soon afterwards.  What a joyous reunion!  I think he was a little timid at first but now he remembers his mama!  He has gotten so big!  I can't believe how much he grew in 3 weeks! 

Ryan helped me get settled in.  We had a doctor's appointment the next day.  Dr. said my counts looked great!  I didn't ask him what they were because they were going to call me later with my Tacrolimus level.  New word:  tacrolimus-drug that prevents graft vs host disease and bone marrow rejection.  Its based on my blood levels, so it may have to be adjusted a lot.  Anyway, I never did get a call with my new tacrolimus level, so I figure no news is good news.  The day before, my counts were WBC: 2.6, ANC 800! Hbg: 7.6 and steady; Platelets 76 and rising!  2 parts of these counts are good news, well its all good news, but my ANC is above 500 no longer making me neutropenic (or really susceptible to germs) and my platelets have recovered.  They are suppose to be the last to recover but are recovering just as fast as my WBCs!  My counts are so good, the Dr let me have the weekend off from coming into the clinic!

Today Ryan left.  I can't believe it has been a month already.  I really wish he could come back and help me recover.  I really miss him alot.  I just want my family to be together once and for all.

So overall I don't feel great, but I feel better than I did when I was in the hospital.  I still have a lot of nausea and tummy issues.  My throat is stilll a little sore, but is slowly recovering.  I have a lot of mucus from the sore throat and it makes me throw up a lot.  The million pills I have to take sometimes makes me throw up too. I am still really tired and don't move around much.   It is hard enough to just take a shower.  The other day when I had the appointment and had to be somewhere at a certain time, nearly drug me down for the entire day.  But I made it through it.  Today was pretty tough with the nausea.  The nausea medication is suppose to last 6 hours, but it only lasts 3. 

Thanks to all who sent cards and kept me in your thoughts and prayers during my hospital stay.  It is still a long time till Day 100 our goal!  So keep them coming!  Also, my sister in law has the package sent in for where to send donations.  Hopefully things will be set up next week some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment