a·plas·tic a·ne·mi·a/āˈplastik əˈnēmēə/

Noun: Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Days 8, 9, 10 and 11...and on through day 13!

Sorry folks for the delay in updating my blog.  I've had an extremely bad sore throat throughout these daus.   It seems to  be getting worse.  Hopefully, this is the worse before it gets better.  My blood counts sre rising!  They are still extremely low.and I believe that todau is my last day of chemo.

I'm on a lot of pain meds and feel loopy.  I can nod off in the middle of conversation.  Which I just did.  I'll write

Hi everyone; it's Ryan.  As I write this, it's actually day 13, Tuesday.  Andrya tried to write this the other day but for obvious reasons, what she wrote up above is as far as she got.  She was feeling some of the side effects, mostly a very sore throat.  She hasn't been able to eat hardly at all.  Not for lack of effort though.  She has been trying.  Fortunately she hasn't had much nausea the last few days so at least we haven't had to worry about her keeping down what she has eaten.  Because her throat was so sore she was on a ton of pain meds, mostly morphine.  So she's pretty much slept away the last 3-4 days. 

We've gotten good news the last couple of days.  For starters, it looks like early signs of the transplant successfully grafting are starting to show.  Her blood counts are going up...which leads me to the next bit of good news: the doctor has said that she is on track to actually go home on Friday!  She's very excited about this, as we all are.  So for those of you praying, send more our way that she continues to get healthy and the transplant continues grafting so that she can come home on Friday.  She misses Kellan so much and I'd love to be able to hand him to her before going back to Hawaii, which I do on Saturday morning.

Thanks for updating my blog today Ryan! I love you so very much! I hope this sore throat just disappears over  night.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrya & Ryan,
    I'm so sorry for all the discomfort you've had to endure but I'm extremely thrilled at all your fantastic news!! Please know that you are in my prayers daily. How wonderful that getting home to your sweet baby is in sight! I know you must also be very stoked at the thought of getting to recuperate/strengthen/rebuild/heal in the comfort of home!! Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Andrya, a few more days. I'm glad to hear your counts are increasing. I'm busy working on mine.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete