a·plas·tic a·ne·mi·a/āˈplastik əˈnēmēə/

Noun: Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 20 - 80 more to go

We are 1/5 of our way to our initial goal of Day 100!  More things to celebrate....my platelet count was....drumroll please.....NORMAL!  The first time it has been normal since last August when I found out I was pregnant!  My WBC, RBC and HGB and not too far behind either.  Physically I felt pretty good today.  Even went out on a walk with the baby and my father in law.  It felt good.  Got some of my laundry started.  These little things make me feel "not sick."  You should've seen my outfit when we went for a walk, polka dot capris, adidas flipflops, a ratty MU t-shirt, a flowery scarf over my head, topped off with a blue and green plaid puma hat!  I also had a mask on, so I'm sure everyone who saw me thought I was crazy! 

Got an early appointment tomorrow.  We are going to try to feed Kellan rice cereal tomorrow.  I'm still not sure what I think about it.  I don't think he's ready for solids, but what is it going to hurt.  He'll be starting them in a month anyway.  We are trying to work on his sitting and rolling over.  For some reason he stopped rolling over, so today we spent a lot of time on our tummy.

Today was pretty hard emotionally.  Most days are, but today especially.  I just kind of felt lonely and isolated and wanted to wallow in my depression.  I eventually got out of bed and made it a day, but it was hard.  Luckiily tomorrow I don't have an excuse, cause we have to be at the doctor at 7:45.

Thanks again Anita for watching Kellan.  Hopefully it won't take that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment