a·plas·tic a·ne·mi·a/āˈplastik əˈnēmēə/

Noun: Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 7

Today was a much better day for me.  I woke up and my spirits were high, the nurses and doctors weren't harassing me, so overall the day went pretty good. 

The most exciting thing that happened was that we shave my head finally.  It was falling out by the handfull so we shaved it.  I kinda like it too!  Ryan shaved his head to show his support, so did my friends Shannon and Kenny.  Thanks!  I don't have a huge selection of hats, so if you wanted to get me some something, you could do that.  

I guess another thing that lifted my spirits today was the hope that I could possibly get out of here in about 5 days!  Keep you fingers crossed that the bone marrow grafts and my cells start growing.  I'm still waiting for the worse to happen.  I believe I have some sores in my throat.  They don't really hurt, except for when I swallow.  It feels mostly like there is something caught in it.  My nausea came back today, but the medicines they are giving me are really helping with that.  Other than that, none of the typical chemo side effects right now and it is more than 24 hours since the last chemo treatment (methotrexate).


Thanks for all the continued support and prayers!  Somethings working :)

3 comments:

  1. Glad things are improving. We are thinking of you, and praying all the time. I send you some videos tomorrow when I am with Kellan. I hope tomorrow is even better than today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm happy to hear that you're feeling much better today. keep smiling and the world smiles with you.

    keep it up!

    ReplyDelete