a·plas·tic a·ne·mi·a/āˈplastik əˈnēmēə/

Noun: Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 22 and going strong!

Everyday I feel a little bit better and stronger.  Today I fed Kellan twice, burped him and put him to sleep.  We also took a walk and played on our play yard thing.  My in-laws took "a break" from me, which I don't blame them, for a couple of hours.  Anita watched the baby this afternoon while they took a break.  I wish I could've done it by myself, but I can't change his diapers. 

Tomorrow is my next doctor's appointment.  I've been really worried about my nausea.  The doc said I shouldn't be having any significant nausea and this might be a sign of graft vs host disease.  So for the last 2 days, I have chilled out on taking the Zofran.  My conclusion, my medications make me nauseous and sometimes food (or just the medications I have to take with food).  So hopefully that will help them determine if it is GVHD.  I'm also worried about some skin discoloration, my feet look really tan, significantly different than my legs.  They haven't said anything about it and they check my feet at each visit for whatever they check for, I think swelling or something.

So overall a pretty good day.  I feel good going to bed tonight.  Can't wait to talk to my hubby who supposedly has good news about work!

1 comment: