a·plas·tic a·ne·mi·a/āˈplastik əˈnēmēə/

Noun: Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 32 - Just when I thought

Everything was going pretty good, something else has to happen :(  My blood counts were stable, my kidney tests were decreasing, my doctor visits have decreased to 2x per week.  Now, they discovered, they I have a polyomavirus.  No worries to the average person.  In fact almost 80% of adults have it and are asymptomatic.  HUGE problem for those without an immune system.  I will get more information tomorrow on which type and treatment, etc.  I just am so frustrated cause its more pills I have to take and the virus could possibly be attacking my kidneys right now.

I had a wonderful visit with my family today.  I got to see my mom, stepdad, brother and niece.  They helped me babysit while my in-laws took their Sunday off.  Aunt Jenny watched Kellan in the morning (thanks for letting me sleep in!)

Good night all!  Hope everybody's week is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment