a·plas·tic a·ne·mi·a/āˈplastik əˈnēmēə/

Noun: Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 18

It has been nearly 3 weeks since my transplant and I guess I should be happy with the results so far.  Though I don't have anything to compare them to, I've been told I'm pretty lucky.  So for that I am grateful, that and my sore throat is nearly gone.  I have to think good thoughts today because I'm feeling very down about a lot of things.  Now that I have settled in and routines have been made, I feel like a sick person because I can't do anything. I know it is for my own good, but geez I can't even change my own baby's diapers.  I just kind of feel like I'm taking up space.  I also miss my husband like crazy! I want to have energy but it takes all my energy just to eat a meal.  Today it took me an hour to eat a half of a bagel and then felt nauseas for 3 hours after that.

So tonight I am going to bed to focus on happy, good thoughts so that tomorrow I might not cry.  And even if I do, it can still be a good day.

Thanks Anita for watching the baby tomorrow for the doctor's appointment.

1 comment: