a·plas·tic a·ne·mi·a/āˈplastik əˈnēmēə/

Noun: Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development

Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 23

The counts are in and they are just a hair below normal!  The nurse said that it is unusual for your counts to recover so quickly but not out of the ordinary!  The best part is my ANC is staying in the normal range, so I am not neutropenic!  We did get a bit of concerning news.  They think my tacrolimus (anti-rejection med) is causing problems with my kidneys.  They've cut my dose to 1 mg in the AM and 1 mg in the PM.  I have to go in tomorrow to get it checked again.  They may give me fluids too, but I'm drinking the equivalent of 2 L a day and the doc said that was plenty. Who knows, I hope they figure it out quick otherwise I might become a good candidate for a study my old company was doing :)

So overall, I was pretty sick to my stomach today.  After vomiting up lunch and my pills, I decided to take a nap.  I woke up at 7.  Guess I needed it.  I was pretty exhausted today after the dr appointment and trip to Walmart.  Geez formula is so expensive!  If anyone has Enfamil coupons they don't need, send them this way!  Diaper coupons too!  I think I just got off track.

Thanks everyone for the cards and prayers, thoughts and gifts!  I'm so blessed to have you all in my life and am thankful that I have such a wonderful support system around.

No comments:

Post a Comment