a·plas·tic a·ne·mi·a/āˈplastik əˈnēmēə/

Noun: Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 62 With Good News!

In the beginnIing, because of my complicated situation of having AA, MDS and PHN, the doctor's told me that they would want me to get a little bit of graft vs host disease.  Well, right now that is exactly what I have a very mild form of GVHD in my skin.  We still don't know the GI results yet, but the meds seem to be working.  Also, we are now carefully watching my liver functions tests to see if they continue to go up, which would indicate a little bit of GVHD in my liver.  The blood chemistry results today could not be very accurate because I was not allowed to take my morning meds and wasn't allowed to drink water until 4:00 PM.  With that said, I am quite surprised that my kidney test came down a little again today.  My blood counts were exciting as well, my WBC, RBC, HGB and platelet count all went up from Friday.  I'm wondering if I had just a slight little bug that got me down for a week.  Anyway, I walked out of the clinic today happy as a lark!

I'm also excited to report that my winter clothes came today!  Hopefully no more coat wearing in the house anymore!  But what also came with my winter clothes was my Wii!  I set it up (unsuccessfully).  I have a feeling the technology here at my in-laws may be a little too outdated for the Wii.  If anyone wants to jump in and tell me how to do it, I'll explain that I hooked the co-axial cables into the digital cable box because it was the only thing that had outlets for them.  I first had them in Audio out 2, then switched to the ones on the front of the Time Warner box.  I looked at their DVD player, but I don't think theirs has addition hookups in the back.  So my Wii is hooked up through the cable box and that is as far as I got.

My father-in -law is going back to work next Monday for about a month.  If you know of anyone in the KC area that would like to help with babysitting in the morning we'd really appreciate it.  Hours would be from 7-10 and probably only on Monday, Thursday and Friday.  Ideally we would like someone to volunteer their time, but understand that in this economy, that is most likely impossible.  Please pass me an email if you know of anyone interested and a basic biography of them if I don't know them. 

So today I feel pretty good, about as good as I have felt in a long while.  It is amazing how a little bit of news can change your whole day!

Today I ask that you pray for my husband.  He is about to take his board tomorrow.  It is kind of like when doctors go before a board to get board certified.  This is the last puzzle piece we need to have to going on our next adventure after I get better (which Day 100 is only 38 days away!)  We need him to pass this more than anything.  Please pray for him to have the stamina, courage, knowledge and confidence he needs to pass this.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear good news. Fighting this type of condition is tough. I know because I am chickening out and my mind is fill with "what ifs."

    Praying for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic! Praying for you and your husband, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thrilled to hear your good news! I've been staying updated through your blog and I've been praying diligently all along!! I will definitely pray for Ryan to have clarity of mind and perfect recall as he takes his Boards. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your prayers for Ryan...he passed his board!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God for the good news! Continuing to pray for miracles in your life.

    ReplyDelete