a·plas·tic a·ne·mi·a/āˈplastik əˈnēmēə/

Noun: Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 36

Went to doctor today and I feel pretty good about the visit.  I got all of my questions answered, well most of them got answered, the others I got the typical "we don't know" answer.  Oh well.  My blood counts came back steady, though my platelets are trending down.  I'm not going to worry about this until the doctors worry about it though.  It is probably nothing.  My kidney tests came back a little better today, still high, but getting closer to normal.

When I talked with my husband last night, he brought up an interesting point.  He is going through this with me even if I am 5000 miles away and it affects him too.  He stated that he doesn't know how to differentiate between feeling sorry for himself, wanting/needing attention or actually feeling sad.  I have to agree, I don't know where those lines are either.  When people ask me how I am doing, I always say "fine."  It seems like the neutral feeling to have when you don't know what category you are in.  Maybe I'm not just "fine," maybe I need to tell someone I am sad and want a shoulder to cry on or someone to talk to, but I'm afraid, people might see me as being in the "needing/wanting" attention group.  I hope that makes sense.

I have a 4 day weekend this weekend.  Anita is going to come over on Saturday and help me with Kellan.  We are going to take him to the pool.  Don't worry, I'll fully protect myself from the sun and Kellan too, we all know how transparent he is :)

Well I think that is all for tonight.  Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!

Also, if someone could comment on how to become a "follower" I'd appreciate it.  Several people have had trouble.

1 comment:

  1. Go to lower right under Followers, click follow, pick either yahoo, google or twitter, sign in like you would using 1 of the three. Click follow this blog.

    ReplyDelete