a·plas·tic a·ne·mi·a/āˈplastik əˈnēmēə/

Noun: Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 66

Two-thirds of the way to Day 100!  I feel like I'm doing great too.  My biopsy from my GI track came back negative for GVHD, but positive for Barrett's esophagus, a condition that could become cancerous later on.  Oh well, it is just from acid leaking into my esophagus weakening that tissue.  They put me on Prilosec for it. 

Had a pretty productive talk with the doctor on Friday.  They are always so vague when you ask a question, but I forced an answer out them finally regarding my status.  He thinks that I am doing very well and though he cannot say with certainty that I can leave at Day 100, he does not think I will need to be here for 6 months.  Ok, so at least we got it narrowed down from 3-6 months :)

My counts are doing much better.  Last week, I must've just had a mild "bug" or something.  Even my kidney tests came back good.  They are only .12 away from being normal again!  Hallelujah!  Now we have to watch my liver tests, they keep going up, but only slightly. 

Today was a pretty sad day though.  We said good bye to my sister-in-law and brother-in-law.  They were such awesome helpers through these first 2-3 months.  Thanks Anita and Chris for everything!  Safe travels to you as you head to your next big adventure in life!

Everyone has talked me out of my pumpkin fundraiser now.  Guess I should've saw that one coming.  I personally thought it was a good idea, but the doctors don't think so and neither does my mother-in-law.  So scrap that and on to the next idea.  Taking suggestions...

As always, thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment