a·plas·tic a·ne·mi·a/āˈplastik əˈnēmēə/

Noun: Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 90

I am so excited to be 3 months post transplant!  I only have 10 more days until my first goal of Day 100.  I had a doctor's appointment today and my counts were a little low.  Nothing to be too concerned about, but they all seem to be following a declining trend.  I'm not too worried because this has happened before.  The most concerning thing was that ALL of my counts were low today.  Usually it is just 1 or 2.  In addition, my liver tests were high.  Not too bad for a couple, but they ended up doing extra tests (indirect and direct bilirubin) to make sure that I wasn't getting graft vs host disease in my liver.  The extra tests came back ok, so the doctors are worried.   I know I worry way more than my doctor's do, but that is what happens when you understand the significance of your blood work and possibly what it can mean.  Good news though, my kidney tests are FINALLY back to normal!

Once I get to Day 100 and my counts are stable and I am healthy, I can go outside a 30 min radius from the hospital.  So, I want to go spend some time with my parents.  Nothing is set in stone, but my MIL and FIL got a little upset that I hadn't discussed this with them.  I hadn't even discussed it with my husband yet!   Anyway, I put their mind at ease, letting them know that I had thought everything through, and that I was going to try things out by staying a weekend and then deciding if it was a good idea.   I have to keep in mind that the hospital is going to be 2.5 hours away and need to ensure that I have plans in place for Kellan if he or I get sick.   So, still nothing finalized and I definitely want to get my Day 100 test results back before anything gets decided.

Anyway, on to another topic, I've noticed over the last couple of days that Kellan is getting separation anxiety.  I will walk out of the room for just a second and he starts wailing until I come back.  Gotta work more on his object permanence so this habit does continue :)

I get to go out tomorrow with my friends, Matt and Stephanie!  I'm so excited to get a chance to get out of the house!


No comments:

Post a Comment