a·plas·tic a·ne·mi·a/āˈplastik əˈnēmēə/

Noun: Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development

Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 75!

Wow! 3/4 of the way to Day 100!  I thought that Day 100 would never get here and now it is almost upon us!

Today marked a milestone...I got to discontinue one of my prophylactic medications, the antifungal that is assisting in my kidney tests to be high.  I go to the doctor tomorrow, so lets pray that everything remains good with my labs and symptoms and I don't have to go back on it.

Things have been going really well the past week.  I have been extremely fatigued as the doctor wants me to be "more active."   He told me last week that I should be walking a couple miles a day...silly doctor, I wouldn't even do that if I didn't have aplastic anemia!  I know I should be getting more exercise, but it is hard, when I am so tired from taking care of the baby.  I have had to start taking care of Kellan a lot more because of my in-laws' situation, so I have basically went from helping take care of Kellan to almost taking care of him completely.  It is hard, but someone has to do it.  I am very thankful that my mom has been able to come and help a couple of days a week.  She lives about 2.5 hours away, so it is quite a trek. 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the doctor will give me the ok to go visit my husband in Hawaii shortly after Day 100.  They are so worried about me catching the flu on the plane.  Why'd they give me that darn flu shot then?  Oh well, I'm pretty sure I can convince them eventually.  I just miss him so much!

As always, thank you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers.  Please feel free to share my blog with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment