a·plas·tic a·ne·mi·a/āˈplastik əˈnēmēə/

Noun: Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 98!

Only 2 more days!  Friday is the day that all of my Day 100 testing will be done.  They will be doing and abdominal ultrasound, labs, bone marrow biopsy and breathing tests.  Please pray that these results will all come back good so my family can be reunited.  There is a downside though, I've been waiting for Day 100 like the honey badger stalks snakes, but unfortunately, I won't be getting my results until the 15th :(  *Deep breath* I can wait 11 more days, I've waited this long, whats another week and a half.

I had an appointment on Tuesday and I met with the NP.  I feel so much more comfortable talking to the NPs than the doctors.  Anyway, I was able to express alot of my concerns about GVHD.  Unfortunately, there is no way to be certain any of my symptoms or labs tests or physical signs are GVHD.  By that, I mean, my liver tests were even higher than last week.  If it is GVHD, most likely they are going to put me on steroids and I do NOT want that at all.  Steroids make you fat.  They also increase your blood glucose and prolonged high blood glucose can lead to diabetes.  My blood glucose is already high...which could be a side effect of the Tacrolimus (anti-rejection/immunosuppressant).  I think most of these unanswered questions will be answered on the 15th though, at least I hope.

My husband is going to try and take convalescent leave between now and his next orders.  I really hope he can, I have been really tired lately and my back and head hurt everyday.  (Again, I was told it was probably a side effect of the Tacrolimus).  I just want my family to be back together again.

For now, good night.  Thanks for continuing to pray for me and my family.  The hardest part of this journey is coming to a close, but there is still a long road ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment