a·plas·tic a·ne·mi·a/āˈplastik əˈnēmēə/

Noun: Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development

Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 86 - Reminiscing

I just got done speaking to an old friend from college a little while ago.  I love thinking about that time.  College was one of my favorite parts of life for many reasons.  First, you get independence for the first time.  Nobody telling you what to do or where to be.  Then you have all the wonderful friends you meet.  I met my best friends in college.  In my life, I have met many people from all over, but my friends from college have always been a constant in my life.  You grow and learn so much during those years.  You begin to form your own identity.  Being from a small town in the midwest, you kind of tend to get labeled by who your parents are, or who your siblings were, or where you lived and what kind of car you had.  When I went to college, I got to start all over.  Nobody knew me and I loved it!  I just love thinking about all the fun times I had and sometimes wish I could go back in time and just stay there.  But, eventually we all grow up, become adults, get jobs, have families.  Life is so very short.  Thinking back, I just never could've imagined the topics that I speak to my friends about now.  It is no longer, what party are we going to or what time are you taking that history class.  Now its did you know so and so has this condition, or so and so got divorced, or where is so and so, I haven't spoken or seen them in 10 years.  Its amazing how life changes in such a short time. 

My labs looked pretty good this week.  My kidney tests are nearly normal (1.04, the normal range is .6-1.0).  My blood counts were good.  Day 100 is looking better and better!  Only 14 more days!

Thanks for all your support and prayers. Please continue to keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers. Even after Day 100, I still have a long recovery period.  The first 100 days after transplant are the most critical, but there is still only a 50-60% survival rate through Day 365/Year 1.

1 comment: