a·plas·tic a·ne·mi·a/āˈplastik əˈnēmēə/

Noun: Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 134 - Great News!

Today started out with such an exciting start!  On our way to the doctor, we stopped for gas and I had a dollar in my pocket, so I bought a $1 scratch off ticket.  I thought, what they heck, its only a dollar.  I got to the car, scratched it off and won $500! 

My appointment went great too!  My counts are good, even though I have a slight cold/runny nose.  I am now to every 2 week appointments!  They stopped my ursadiol as well!  That's the medication that is suppose to protect my liver from GVHD.  So that was all wonderful news!  I do have to go back next week, just for labs and to get my antibiotic treatment, but no doctor visit!

Kellan had an excellent day at my friend Trisha's house.  He had a blast with Sam (5) and Jack (3).  He is going to sleep good tonight.  I really need to get him into some play groups, he is such a social butterfly (or whatever you call the male equivalent). 

I'm still enjoying staying with my parents.  I am thinking about going to Hawaii for a couple of days, but have to work out the logistics.  As much as I would love to take Kellan, I just think that it would be too much for me to handle and too much for him as well.  So its either just me or not at all.  Its a tough decision, but I really miss my friends from Hawaii and would really like to help my husband out with the pack out (when the movers come to pack our stuff).

Thanks, as always, for keeping me and my family in your prayers and thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment