a·plas·tic a·ne·mi·a/āˈplastik əˈnēmēə/

Noun: Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 126

It has been awhile since I posted.  I was pretty busy the last couple of weeks.  My husband was able to come and see me for Thanksgiving, so that was really nice.  Kellan and I both miss him terribly already!

My counts have been good.  My hemoglobin has climbed back up to 11.6 on Monday.  Normal is 12.0, so we are close.  I was told to expect fluctuations for awhile.  My liver tests were a tad high too, but nothing to be concerned about.  They are probably going to fluctuate as well.  The nurse practitioner indicated that I might have a tiny bit of GVHD in my liver.

I've now moved into my parents house, about 2.5 hours away from the hospital.  I am still going weekly for check ups, but I feel a whole lot better now that I'm with my family.  My in-laws did so much for me and I am very grateful for everything they have done. 

The worst news I received this week was that I am in menopause now, so no more kids.  Its kind of devastating, but I knew that there was an extremely high chance of this happening.  I am happy that I got to have 1 child and he is the most amazing little boy!

Thanks for everyone's continued prayers and thoughts.  I will be eternally grateful to my husband, parents, brother, in-laws and friends for all their support.

1 comment:

  1. Hiya my name is wen, I was diagnosed with vsaa in April 2010 n had a sibling bmt in may 2010- I'm now 22 and 21months post transplant. Now my as wasn't one during pregnancy but I did go through the menopause for about 2-3 months and then all of a sudden go bk to normal cycles- I know that it may not be the same for you but thought I'd say as I thought that all chance for me had gone, yet it hadn't. I only came across your blog today and have to say I have been fascinated by it I just wanted to say how amazing you have been- the past 2 yrs for me have been hard work for me, yet you have had to do this with a small child, away from home and your partner. Your story is inspirational and I hope this year brings you good health and happiness as you truly deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete