a·plas·tic a·ne·mi·a/āˈplastik əˈnēmēə/

Noun: Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Things are going well!

Sorry for it being such a long time since my last post.  I didn't have computer access.  But, as the doctor's always say, no news is good news.  That is the case for me!  I have had perfect labs for the last couple of weeks.  I got a minor cold that is taking forever to go away and it really knocked me out yesterday.  It is getting better, they put me on a z-pack and upped my anti-viral meds.  Other than that, we had a good new year and looking forward to continued good lab reports!

My move is scheduled for 01FEB12.  We are moving to Odenton, MD which is near Fort Meade.  I have not yet decided on the treatment facility.  I will be speaking with Johns Hopkins tomorrow to find out if they will accept me as a patient.  I have been told that they will only take pre-transplant new patients.  If not, I can go to the University of Maryland.  Either way, I have heard good things about both of them. 

Kellan is growing like a weed.  He was 24 lbs on his 9 month visit.  He still isn't crawling or walking, but it is coming soon.  He pulls himself up and now says mama and dada.  We are trying to teach him to wave bye-bye too, but that isn't going to well.  His favorite thing to do is go swimming in the bathtub on his back and drink the bath water and eat the soap bubbles. 

My 6 month visit is coming up, I have nothing but high hopes for it!

Thanks for everyone's help, prayers and thoughts.  I especially want to thank Trisha Henke for watching Kellan during my doctor's visits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment